Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Barn, Booze & Bathing Suits



For our last day of our Bucket List, we travelled to the Met to see the psycho barn art installation located on the roof. The first day we went it was way too hot outside and the Met had closed the roof down in fear that someone could have a heat stroke. To get into the Met, there is a suggested donation of $17 a person. Due to this, I had to break the news to the woman at the counter that I was not Daddy Funbucks, so I could only donate $5 at this point in my life.

The barn was absolutely stunning in the skyline of the city behind it. We took advantage of the beautiful view and had a photoshoot while walking around the roof.







Natalie and I then a took a Via to the brunch place, which was by far the most entertaining part of the day because our driver had tons of stories to tell us about all the people she has driven. We also were sharing the vehicle with two guys, that Natalie and I had determined were most likely a grindr hook up that decided to share a ride after they met up because they were headed the same way. After the men exited the car, we got into an interesting political conversation with our driver. Our driver truly loved the gays mostly because they gave her a lot of entertainment when she picked up at 2 a.m. from the bars! Basically, our conversation ended with Nat and I saying, "We're with her," in unison as we rolled out the car. Immediately after getting dropped off, I wrote a review on the app saying, "I'm with her!" meaning our driver.


The brunch place was this cute small place that looked like a shanty house from the outside made of blue peeling wood. Unfortunately, it was not a Drag brunch place like we originally planned for, but honestly there were still a lot of queens at this place and Natalie performed a rendition of the opening of Hamilton before it hit 2 p.m. so it was basically the same thing. The food was absolutely delicious and our drinks were never empty. Natalie and I were certainly feeling ourselves after the two hours of unlimited drinks were up.
First drink of the day


When the person you go to brunch with is low key Madonna and wears sunglasses indoors because she can't stand looking at you.....

 


From brunch, we made our way to our next destination, which was a rooftop pool. I was in charge of finding one for us to go to for our Bucket list, however, since most are a $40+ fee for a day pass, I became resourceful in my search and stumbled upon the Standard Hotel. On the top floor, there was a bar with a large jacuzzi in the middle of the dance floor, which in my mind seemed like the perfect alternative since it was free. Natalie refused to call this a pool and she was hesitant to actually go here with me. Luckily, at this point in the day, Natalie was pitchers of mimosas deep and finally feeling this "pool".



I know that you are probably thinking to yourself, "Stephen, please do not tell me you actually went in that." As you can imagine, I was hesitant myself about actually submersing myself in this pool of mystery, so toes only was the motto of the day.
Helping my boyfriend out of the pool
I certainly am looking to go back here at night to see what it is like when the dance floor is open. It would be a great place to bring out my snap up pants from middle school, so that I can go from dancer to skinny dipper in one elaborate pull of the pants!
Being silly with my girls
Life is full of choices and this was probably questionable looking back on it. It was basically an oversized bath tub that was in desperate need of a lush bath bomb, but the atmosphere was fun so I give this "pool" 3 out of 4 stars on the Stephen Throwin' Shade Scale for effort. There you have it ladies and gentlemen, the end of the series, Natalie and Stephen's Summer Bucket list. To see the PG version of this day, check out Natalie's blog!

Thank you for following us a long the way and I hope that we not only inspired you to go out and have your own adventures in the city, but also made you jealous of our completely amazing summer together. Although Natalie claims this is the last joint thing we ever do on our blogs (mostly because it's fall and this is a summer bucket list  #imaprocrastinator), I am sure that this dynamic duo will be teaming up again! Check back soon to see what fall has in store for me!

Sincerely, 
Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment